Summer is all about vacations, spending time outdoors, and curling up with a good book. Here at Happy Science Mom, we have been reviewing children’s books that relate to our toolkit for raising happy, balanced children.
I thought this would be a great time to highlight some of these treasures so you can share them with your children over the summer. I have broken them down by topic and linked to my review.
Science and Nature
- Rachel’s Day In The Garden by Giselle Shardlow
- Pumpus Has a Glowing Idea and Pumpus Has a Flowing Idea by Praba Soundararajan
- It’s Alright To Be Scared by Benedict Coulter
- All Aboard (A Children’s Book About Facing Challenges And Building Resilience) by Catharine Nimon
- Kindness Is Cooler, Mrs. Ruler by Margery Cuyler
- Wee Walk In Someone Else’s Shoes by Amy Geile and Kristin Littelle
It’s Alright To Look Different by Benedict Coulter
Food and Exercise
- The Busy Body Book by Lizzy Rockwell
- The Thankful Book by Todd Parr
- The Giving Box by Fred Rogers
Goals and Intention
- Dream Big by Deloris Jordan
*Bonus Book For Mom and Dad
- How To Raise Great Kids: 101 Fun & Easy Ideas by Jim Gromer
What other books do you recommend for happy summer reading?