Welcome to your toolkit for raising happy, balanced children. I am excited to share tips, resources, and activities from the world of happiness science to help you teach your children how to live joyful, fulfilled, and peaceful lives.
It’s a tough world out there and our children need our guidance. Through my own battle with stress and anxiety, I have found ways to get back to a balanced state of mind, body, and spirit. This is a life-long project and there is always something new to learn.
There are many experts specializing in one area of happiness or stress reduction, but I am here to bring it all together in a simple, convenient way for parents. Each post explores one or more aspects of our toolkit, such as mindfulness, giving, optimism, kindness, gratitude, and spending time in nature. Please join me on this journey as we make new discoveries together. I welcome your questions and comments along the way. Through knowledge and a constructive exchange of ideas, we can lead the next generation in making the world a better place.
I am a freelance writer, editor, and researcher specializing in parenting, wellness, human behavior, and environmental issues. I enjoy analyzing everyday life using science, humor, and a passion to improve the world. My work can be found in publications including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Scary Mommy, Parent Co., Very Well Family, Motherly, The Week, BlogHer, and several regional parenting magazines.
My prior experience includes freelance writing and research projects with environmental, energy, transportation, and health organizations and publications such as Union for Concerned Scientists and EM Magazine of the Air & Waste Management Association. I also held positions with the National Academies, United States Environmental Protection Agency, and Cadmus Group, a consulting firm where I worked on EPA’s ENERGY STAR program and projects addressing indoor air quality and asthma.
I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies with a Political Science minor at The George Washington University and a Master of Arts in Government with an Environmental Policy focus at Johns Hopkins University. In 2014, I completed The Science of Happiness course through the University of California, Berkeley and served as a Community Teaching Assistant.
Happy Science Mom is just one aspect of my work, as I am always exploring new writing and editing projects. I would love the opportunity to work with your organization or publication. Please visit www.sandischwartz.com for more information and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Science Mom was featured in the following:
- Optimal Daily Living Podcast 390: How a Parent’s Affection Shapes a Child’s Happiness for Life by Sandi Schwartz with Gottman Institute
- Tips for Teaching Young Learners About Civic Duty and Community Involvement (Planbook.com)
- 7 Tips To Make Homework Time Easier (Famstastic)
- Valentine’s or Galentine’s? Either Way, Tips For a Sweet Day (Fellowship Housing Blog)
- Mental Illness: What I Wish Others Knew
- The Best Mommy Blogs Every Mom Should Follow
- 24 Unforgettable Birthday Traditions your Kids Will Love (Shari’s Berries)
- The Morning Routine of Successful Professionals
- Interpersonal Relationships: How Teachers Can Help Students Develop Friendships
- 65 Best Parenting Blogs of 2017
- Top 8 Hacks To Natural Living That Every Girl Should Know (Lunette)
- Climate Heroes: Florida Style (Climate Mama)
- Green Moms Profile: Sandi Schwartz
- How Your Family Can Volunteer Together to Help Protect the Environment (Doing Good Together)
- Moms Are Rising To Protect The Ecosystem
- How Creativity Can Calm Your Children
- 10 Mom Bloggers Share Their Powerful New Year’s Resolutions
- Why I Give: Sandi Schwartz Supports St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Feature Friday with Blogger, Sandi Schwartz