Welcome to your toolkit for raising happy, balanced children. I am excited to share tips, resources, and activities from the world of happiness science to help you teach your children how to live joyful, fulfilled, and peaceful lives.
It’s a tough world out there and our children need our guidance. Through my own battle with stress and anxiety, I have found ways to get back to a balanced state of mind, body, and spirit. This is a life-long project and there is always something new to learn.
There are many experts specializing in one area of happiness or stress reduction, but I am here to bring it all together in a simple, convenient way for parents. Each month I will highlight one of the areas in our toolkit, such as mindfulness, giving, optimism, loving kindness, or gratitude. Please join me on this journey as we make new discoveries together. I welcome your questions and comments along the way. Through knowledge and a constructive exchange of ideas, we can lead the next generation in making the world a better place.
I am a freelance writer, editor, and researcher specializing in parenting, wellness, environmental issues, and human behavior. I enjoy analyzing everyday life using science, humor, and a passion to improve the world. My work can be found on publications including Parent Co, Very Well, The Week, BlogHer, Modern Alternative Mama, Georgia Family Magazine, Sonoma Family Life Magazine, Wilmington Parent, Palm Beach Parenting Magazine, Bon Bon Break, Sixty Second Parent, Good Mother Project, Ripple Kindness Project, Today Show Parenting Team, and Car Seats to Keys.
My prior experience includes freelance writing and research projects with environmental, energy, transportation, and health organizations and publications such as Union for Concerned Scientists and EM Magazine of the Air & Waste Management Association. I also held positions with the National Academies, United States Environmental Protection Agency, and Cadmus Group, a consulting firm where I worked on EPA’s ENERGY STAR program and projects addressing indoor air quality and asthma.
I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies with a Political Science minor at The George Washington University and a Master of Arts in Government with an Environmental Policy focus at Johns Hopkins University. In 2014, I completed The Science of Happiness course through the University of California, Berkeley and served as a Community Teaching Assistant.
Happy Science Mom is just one aspect of my work, as I am always exploring new writing and editing projects. I would love the opportunity to work with your organization or publication. Please visit www.sandischwartz.com for more information and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Science Mom was featured in the following:
- The Best Mommy Blogs Every Mom Should Follow
- 24 Unforgettable Birthday Traditions your Kids Will Love (Shari’s Berries)
- The Morning Routine of Successful Professionals
- Interpersonal Relationships: How Teachers Can Help Students Develop Friendships
- The Money Saving Mummy
- 65 Best Parenting Blogs of 2017
- Top 8 Hacks To Natural Living That Every Girl Should Know (Lunette)
- Climate Heroes: Florida Style (Climate Mama)
- Scientists March in West Palm to Get ‘Our Voice Out There’ (Palm Beach Post)
- Green Moms Profile: Sandi Schwartz
- How One Mom’s Pursuit of Happiness is Giving Parents a Toolkit for Raising Happy Children
- How Your Family Can Volunteer Together to Help Protect the Environment (Doing Good Together)
- Moms Are Rising To Protect The Ecosystem
- How Creativity Can Calm Your Children
- 10 Mom Bloggers Share Their Powerful New Year’s Resolutions
- Why I Give: Sandi Schwartz Supports St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Feature Friday with Blogger, Sandi Schwartz